Creating recipes is one of my favourite things to do. Granted, it doesn’t always work out in my favour but you live and you learn! It’s usually me in the kitchen on a Sunday at 9pm panicking about what I’m going to be making for lunch for the entire week (it would be funny if it wasn’t so infuriating).
So when Life of Spice got in touch and asked me to create a recipe using their spices, I jumped at the chance. This was quite a niche recipe, but I remembered eating this beautifully crisp and flaky fish at a restaurant once, and I just knew that their spices would work amazingly well.
Life of Spice have some amazing rubs and spices and they are also very reasonably priced. You can buy them individually or as a collection – a great gift for someone who loves their spice! They have very kindly given my readers the chance to win their own spices (giveaway is listed at the end of this blog post), and they have also very kindly offered my readers 1 free tin with each collection ordered using the following code: LOS–NDBLG through the Life of Spice website.
- 2 Sea Bream fillets
- 1 tsp Memphis Belle
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Half a lemon
- 25g melted butter
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking parchment.
- Place your sea bream fillets onto baking parchment, skin-side down.
- Drizzle the oil, squeeze the lemon and rub with the spice mix.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the fish flakes away.
- Pour over the melted butter and an extra pinch of the spice.
- Serve with buttered new potatoes and asparagus tips.
I hope you enjoyed reading this recipe and I really hope that you do re-create this recipe.
For your chance to win some spices of your own, check out the widget below – GOOD LUCK!The Life of Spice Giveaway #7
*This post contains PR samples but as always, all opinions are my own. Please see my disclaimer for more info