As you may or may not know, Valentines Day is doubly special for me because it is also my birthday. It’s not as exciting as it sounds; restaurants fully booked, couples loved up and overpriced, materialistic crap in the shops. Wow that didn’t make me sound bitter at all… On to the guide!
Don’t forget that Valentines Day is about love, not just couples. So if you’re single this year, why not spend this day with your other loved ones, such as your best friends, your parents, grandparents or siblings?
1) Day out: If you remember my previous guide which you can read here: you will know that I am a firm believer in making memories and spending time with your loved ones, instead of just spending money. Which is why my first gift idea is to book something that the two of you can enjoy together. This could be a weekend away at a spa, a night out to watch a musical or even a concert! Think big and that way you’ll both enjoy it 🙂
2) Flowers: Okay I know this is not the most coventional gift idea, but this website has some of the most beautiful bouquets of flowers. When they’re unexpected, flowers can be the most uplifting and simply stunning surprise.
I have also been lucky enough to receive a 33% discount code BLOG33 for my readers, so now there’s no excuse not to buy your loved one some beautiful bouquets!
Check out their full range here: www.appleyardflowers.com/valentines-flowers
3) Home Bits & Pieces: Just because it’s Valentines Day, doesn’t mean you have to spend millions. The phrase ‘go hard or go home’ does NOT apply here. So if you are watching the pennies, these are my recommendations. I found these cutesy trinkets whilst trying to shop for a diary recently and I think they are so adorable. I also never thought to shop in Sainsbury’s, as there isn’t one too close to me.. But I think I might have to!
4) Personalised Accessories: I love personalised items all year round, but on Valentines Day I do think it’s important to have some sort of personalisation on a gift for a loved one. Snapfish is by far my favourite website to create personalised items. I have ordered calendars, fridge magnets and even key-rings from them, and never been disappointed! They are still taking orders in time for Valentines Day until the 9th Feb – so go go go!!!
Check out their full range here: http://www.snapfish.co.uk/snapfishuk/photo-gifts/valentines-day-photo-gifts
5) Cosy Nightwear: You can never have enough pyjamas, which is why you could buy a super comfy pair for your loved one this Valentines Day. This gift is especially good because it can be tailored to girlfriends and boyfriends. Let’s face it, your other half will get good use out of it, and you can choose to buy something a bit sexier if your budget allows it (and if your partner will appreciate it, OBVS).
6) Candles: I LOVE CANDLES. There, I’ve said it, it’s out in the open. I know very few people who don’t like candles (and I’m not friends with any of them, for obvious reasons). I personally would love a beautiful candle for Valentines Day, and best of all, they don’t have to be super expensive (although some can be!).
7) Fondue Set: Possibly one of my favourites so far, this gift is perfect for a cosy night in with your loved one, or even if you’re having a night in with the girls! I don’t know about any of you guys but you can ALWAYS depend on cheese to make you feel loved.
8) Shaving Kit: Here’s one for the boyfriends/husbands/fathers/brothers: a luxury shaving kit! I thought this was such a great gift because the majority of men we know shave, so you will know that he will definitely get some use out of this, and plus we all know that as much as men try and deny it, they love being pampered! The best part is that you choose a monthly membership boxes with razors, shaving butter and post-shaving cream.
Here’s where you can buy it from: https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/gift
9) Wine Glasses: Another one for your cosy night in, beautiful wine glasses. There is nothing better than a nice glass of wine any day of the week, and these will make you feel 100x more sophisticated! If you don’t enjoy wine, just use these to drink juice out of (I used to do this when I was younger – never felt classier in my life).
10) Pamper Hamper: Last but certainly not least, you could combine all of the above, add a few bits, and make a hamper. You could include perfume, stationary, a diary or journal, skincare, a Yankee candle, pjs and travel accessories. Depending on your budget, this is definitely the one I would choose, because you can pick and choose mini gifts to make your gift more thoughtful.
So that’s it for my last minute Valentines Day gift ideas! I hope you find something that you like to gift to your loved ones 🙂
Comment below if you buy anything from my guide; I’d love to know what it was 🙂