I saw this picture on Twitter this morning and I really wanted to share it with you guys. Before finishing University (blog coming soon!), I had countless days where I was feeling so low and demotivated about my coursework and the dreaded Dissertation.
Sometimes the littlest things can get us through the most difficult of days. So here is my little something for you.
#MotivationalMondays – share this with someone who might need a bit of motivation, whether that is with college/University coursework/exams, or just in life generally. We all need a bit of motivation sometimes.
Being a Valentines Day baby, my birthday has always been surrounded by couples also celebrating this holiday. It hasn’t been easy, but I’ve grown to love being born on this day (because really what choice do I have?!). But not everyone has: every year I hear the same comments concerning Valentines Day.
‘When you’re in love, you don’t need one day to show it’
‘Valentines Day is nothing but a commercial holiday’
‘I show my boyfriend/girlfriend that I love them all year long, not just once a year’
Okay, we get it – you don’t like Valentines Day! Why not move on for the sake of people who do enjoy celebrating Valentines Day?
To me, Valentines Day is not about buying your partner an expensive gift. Actually it’s not about buying gifts at all. Some couples find themselves under extreme pressure to buy or do something amazing on Valentines Day and that’s sweet. But more often than not, it’s the little things that really capture your partner’s attention and lets them know that you thought about them.
1) Oversized anything is a major NO.
I ask myself the same question each year when I inevitably see an unsuspecting (usually – sorry!) male, barely being able to hold a huge stuffed bear, with an enormous bouquet of flowers and an equally large card. I mean are you trying to overcompensate? I can only speak for myself, but teddies were cute 5 years ago – my teddy bear collection is gathering dust in my attic so I personally wouldn’t want to add to it. If you do decide to get your partner a teddy, try a normal-sized one, she’ll probably appreciate it a lot more.
2) Make memories, not debts.
That amazing piece of jewellery that she wants but will kill any chance of you doing your food shopping for the month is not worth the hassle. Yes women love jewellery – it’s no surprise. But instead of spending your life savings on that necklace, why not buy tickets to a concert or book a spa day? Sometimes it’s the fact that guys are willing to spend a day or night somewhere they wouldn’t usually, just for their girlfriends. And if she really does value you (and value money) then she will appreciate it more than if you had spent a ton of money that you need for life essentials.
She has probably been hinting about those new pair of shoes that she’s wanted since Christmas. But if you can’t take a hint, then just ask her! I think guys sometimes think that they have to do everything secretly and surprise their other halves. Yes, it won’t be a surprise, but at least she won’t be returning your gift a week later and you can be guaranteed that she will have a smile on her face when she opens it. Communication is key in any relationship – use it to your advantage!
4) It’s okay to think with your head sometimes.
You’ve only been dating a few months – think carefully! If you get her a card with ‘TOGETHER FOREVER’ written on it, you’re playing with fire. Although you really like the other person, it never hurts to take things slow. Buying them a romantic weekend for two might result in you going to Paris alone. If you think logically, you can buy something that shows you are happy with the way things are going and be in her good books (even if it only lasts a week!).
Its Valentines night, and every restaurant in the city is packed out. So what?! Be imaginative. If you live in a warm place, why not pack a romantic picnic? You could stay at home in front of a good movie and order a takeaway. Better yet, you could cook for your respective partners. Even cooking together can be extremely fun and sometimes even quite a sensual activity ;). It might not be the most conventional way to spend Valentines Day but who says that’s the only way it can be?
So those are my 5 top ideas spending Valentines Day with your loved ones. Comment if you agree or if you have some better ones then comment those – I’d love to hear them!
Finally, happy Valentine’s Day! I hope you enjoy the day, whatever you have planned 🙂
First of all, Happy New Year! The year 2015 has just begun and I for one still cannot believe that 2014 is over. For me, 2014 was a mix of emotions – many highs and as expected many lows too. I was eager to see the back of 2014 and welcome in 2015 with high spirits, not because 2014 was the worst year of my life, but because I wanted to make room for the new experiences, new memories and new adventures that 2015 will take me on.
Now, as expected many people do make new years resolutions. Without sounding rude, this has become a mockery. By using the phrase ‘New Year, New Me’, it is seen as the new ‘cool’ thing to do. For some people who actually are using the New Year to try and stop doing something or to make an effort to try something new, the phrase has lost all meaning especially in the world of social media.
Why should you be discouraged to quit something or try something new because people on social media think it’s stupid? Yes, there is an argument that people can change themselves and quit something in the middle of August and that there is no need to wait until January 1st of any year to do that. But if someone wants to start their year off by not doing something then who is anybody on social media to judge?
Being an avid member of many different social networking sites, I can see that there are still so many people afraid of speaking in a certain way because of what others will think. Cyber bullying can only take place if YOU let it. As long as what you say doesn’t hurt or offend others then I see no reason as to why you shouldn’t be able to voice your opinions as loudly as anybody else!
So, for anyone who has quit something for 2015, or is trying something new – good luck and I sincerely hope you succeed in whatever it is you are trying to do. For anyone who hasn’t made a New Years resolution for whatever reason – it’s never too late to quit something and try something new.
My resolutions are:
- Travel more
- Stop comparing myself to others
- Do more of what makes me happy
Comment below and let me know what your resolutions are 🙂
Happy New Year loves!
So basically I have a couple of products that I’ve really liked and so I thought I would share them with you guys! As always in these kinds of blog posts, the products I mention are always totally random, but if there is anything specific that you would like me to review or talk about then please do let me know 🙂
1) First up are these great personalised photo magnets* from PicStick. I just thought they were the cutest little things, they would make adorable gifts maybe for Christmas or just as a momento for first time parents or anything like that. I love anything personalised so for me these were absolutely great and I think a lot of people would appreciate a thoughtful gift such as this. The prices aren’t steep for 9 different photos, either as one big square or you can separate the individual squares. The website is also easy to use, although connecting to Facebook was a bit of a hassle so I ended up saving the pics onto my laptop and uploading them that way. But all in all I would definitely use PicStick again! As you can see I have used pictures of mostly my sisters and then a family picture in the middle. They have also given me a 25% discount code for my readers, so please do comment below if you are interested in that and I will happily give you the code. A huge thanks to PicStick for sending me those!
2) You guys may not know this but I have been on the hunt for a classically gold watch for quite some time. I am in love with my rose gold watch but I wanted a gold one just because it will never go out of style. I was hunting around on Asos and I never usually shop on Asos but I think I might start having to! I found this beautiful watch and amazingly it was on sale down to £8 from £28! Standard delivery took about a week but it did come when they said it would so I was happy with that!
3) I was lucky enough to be sent some hair accessories* from Stone Bridge Hair and I thought they were super cute! I’m not massive on my hair, most of the time I leave my hair naturally as it’s quite wavy so I have been pushing myself to try different styles with my hair and I do think these will help me. I haven’t gotten around to trying these accessories as of yet, but I was thinking of doing a step-by-step tutorial of how I was going to use them as well as more details about them.
4) “She held up a Shu Uemura eyelash curler, and said ‘what is this’?”- Sorry I had to do the quote, I know you were all thinking it! Comment below if you know where the quote is from ;). I’m absolutely loving this at the moment, I hate wearing mascara because I have yet to find one that doesn’t make my eyes feel heavy and my eyelashes clumpy so this is pretty perfect for me! I did get it a little bit cheaper because I bought it from Duty Free as I was on my way home to London from Hong Kong, and I also got a double pack because it worked out cheaper, but I will put the RRP price below for those of you who are interested in getting it.
5) Everyone during Autumn/Winter has quite dull nails, although some are beautiful colours. It just kind of irks me that there are some colours that people just never wear the minute summer is over. Which is why my nails currently look like this. I love this colour, it’s such a beautiful shade of minty-greeny. I’m not overly crazy about the gelly bit of the nail polish, I actually am loving matte nails at the moment so I may go over them with a matte top coat. I do think Barry M are amazing for nail polishes, I’ve never not liked a product from them especially in the nail department.
|Barry M Gelly
Shade: Green Berry
So guys, that’s it from September. I still can’t believe how quickly this year has gone! Be sure to comment below and let me know if any of these products are your faves or which products you’ve been loving this month. Also be sure to check out my last blog post as I am raising money for charity so I would love your support with it 🙂