So I was nominated for the Liebster Award from the lovely Hera at HelloHera & Tabassum at World by Smiley. The Liebster Award is a way of helping to promote and recognise bloggers by fellow bloggers.
The word “Liebster” translates to “sweetheart” or “beloved” which is in itself pretty adorable. Add it to the fact that it reminds the blogging world that not everyone is competing and some people actually want to help others out and make friends – and it becomes pretty exciting!
Here’s how it works:
• Post the award on your blog.
• Thank the blogger(s) who awarded you and provide a link to their blog.
• Write 11 random facts about yourself.
• Answer the 11 questions that were asked by the blogger who presented you with the award.
• Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
• Ask 11 questions from those you nominate.
1) I was born on Valentines Day.
2) I’m the middle child, which sucks (sometimes), but I do love my sisters.
3) My favourite colour is ocean blue-greeny.
4) Coincidentally, I am a total water baby – I love the ocean and any other form of water (and all the watersports that go with it!)
5) My favourite sweets are Sour Skittles.
6) I would rather have a starter and a main rather than a main and dessert (I don’t have a sweet tooth at all).
7) I’m a total bookworm; I get through a book a day sometimes and I could quite happily spend all day in a library or bookshop.
8) Winter is my favourite season.
9) I’m a big believer in Buddhism.
10) I love to travel and I leave the country whenever I possibly can!
11) Although I am currently at University, I have no idea what I want to do with my degree in the future.
Now for the answers from the questions from Hera:
1) What was the last thing you ate? I had some biscuits with my tea.
2) Long nails or short nails? I think long nails look quite classy but they get annoying quite quickly for me as well because they grow unevenly!
3) What time is it right now? The time is 12.14pm.
4) When was the last time you went on holiday and where? I went on holiday 2 weeks ago, and I spent an amazing week in Hong Kong with my family 🙂
5) Favourite Disney film? This must be one of the most difficult questions I’ve ever had to answer… But I’m going to say Tangled because I watched it recently and fell in love with it all over again! But my answer to this would probably change everyday.
6) Any pets? I would love to get a dog someday but no pets at the moment 🙁
7) How long have you been blogging for? I have been blogging since 2011 so 3 years.. Wow I had no idea it has been that long!!
8) How long was your longest break from blogging? I have taken a few breaks from blogging, such as exam periods or holidays. So I think it was a month over exam season.
9) What colour is your hair? I have never dyed my hair, so my hair is my natural colour, which is jet black.
10) Favourite scent/smell? My favourite smells are earthy smells like after it has rained or after someone has cut the grass and the smell of the ocean etc.
11) Biggest achievement? I have some minor achievements in my life, but nothing I can say that has been big. It will soon come!
Now for the questions from Tabassum:
1) Who do you most admire? It’s a massive cliché but I do admire my mother the most – she’s the strongest, most independent woman I know and she’s taught me so much. My sisters are a close second!
2) Why did you start blogging? I started blogging because I love writing especially about topics that are close to my heart.
3) How did you come up with your blog name and is there a meaning behind it? Well clearly I was so original with my blog name, but no there is not a meaning behind it.
4) What do you want to achieve through your blog? I have no long-term plans for my blog. At the moment, I’m enjoying the fact that I can write when I want with no obligations.
5) What do you find most difficult about blogging? I hate editing my posts. I’m a grammar Nazi but I am also really impatient so I always want to get my blogs out as soon as I’ve written them.
6) What’s the one thing you really want to do, but don’t think you’ll be able to? I don’t think there is anything that can’t be done if you put your mind to it.
7) If, for some reason, you had to immediately leave your home forever, what is the one item you’d take with you? Probably my photo album.
8) What is your favourite book? Possibly one of the hardest questions ever because as mentioned above, I am a total bookworm. Sorry I can’t answer this!
9) Pet peeve? People who cough/sneeze on public transport – but it’s one of many!
10) Do you have any bad habits? I don’t know if this counts, but I’m always late to everything!!
11) What is your must have beauty product? Nivea Soft Moisturizing Cream – best cream ever!
Finally, these are the questions that I would like answered:
1) What is your favourite quote?
2) How many siblings do you have?
3) If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you want to visit?
4) Favourite hairstyle?
5) What is your eye colour?
6) What’s the last thing that made you cry?
7) Favourite perfume?
8) What has been your favourite holiday?
9) What do you do in your spare time when you’re not blogging?
10) Who is your favourite celebrity and why?
11) If you had the chance to collaborate with one blogger, who would it be and why?
The people I would like to nominate for the Liebster Award are:
Be sure to check the blogs that are linked in this post, because they are all wonderful! Comment below if you like this style of post and if you want me to engage in more of these challenges for bloggers. Share if you enjoyed reading!