I am SO ready for Autumn and Winter this year. As much as I enjoyed summer this year, theres something so magical about Autumn. Between the cozy evenings, gingerbread and crunchy leaves, there’s not much I don’t like! To celebrate the beginning of this season, I thought I’d list things that I really want to do this Autumn 🙂
1) Try as many festive hot beverages as possible. Did someone say Christmas Cookie Latte? I’ve never tried a Pumpkin Spiced Latte before because it just reminds me of pumpkin soup? But I love gingerbread lattes and hazelnut everything, and walking around with those adorable festive cups that every coffee shop has around this time of year just makes you look cooler, sorry not sorry.
2) Burn candles. Duh, bit of an obvious one considering my last post, which you can read here. There’s nothing better than coming home from a cold day, lighting a few candles and boom, instant warmth and coziness. YUM.
3) Bake a blackberry and apple crumble. I’m not a huge baker (unless watching GBBO counts?), but this season does make me want to get in the kitchen and bake delicious treats. I’m not a huge chocolate lover, but I love a good crumble – apple, rhubarb, cherry, plum, you name it! I swear my mouth just started watering. Let’s move on…
4) Play in the fallen leaves. This might be one of those cutesy ones that I really want to do but never actually get round to doing. I’ve never actually seen someone dive in a pile of leaves, especially not in London. Maybe a thin layer of soggy (albeit beautifully coloured) leaves that have been stomped on a million times. Still, a girl can dream right?
5) Buy the perfect coat and boots. I’ve been on the hunt for a great coat since last winter. I find it hard to find something that doesn’t completely swamp you and drown your figure, especially when you’re wearing layers. If I do find something nice, I feel like it doesn’t keep me that warm? Also nothing better than a gorgeous pair of boots to match the coat. I love wearing boots in Autumn and Winter, especially when they’re super comfy!
6) Collect conkers. I used to love doing this when I was younger, at school with my friends. It’s such an Autumnal activity and I’m even thinking of making it a competition with my family to see who can collect the most. Okay that sounds so dorky but I promise it would be fun!
7) Go to a firework display. I say this every year and I never end up going. Probably because its always super cold and I’m really lazy. But this year I’m definitely going, even if I freeze!
8) Read by the fire. There is nothing more Autumnal than curling up with a good book and a nice hot chocolate, in front of a crackling fire. This is probably one of my favourites things about the upcoming season tbh, as you guys know I’m a huge bookworm!
9) Buy and wear blanket scarves. I love blanket scarves, as you will know if you read my last #MySundayPost, which is linked here. I just think they’re amazing, they’re so huge and cozy, and they make you wanna go to sleep. Just me? Okay then!